2019 "Best Western" Battle of the Border
The Battle of the Border is a high school meet, open to competitors in grade 8 through grade 12. It is sanctioned by BC School Sports, Alberta School Sports, and BC Athletics.
This meet takes place in Kamloops, at Hillside Stadium (near Thompson Rivers University) in late April each year. This year the 10th annual meet takes place on April 26/27, 2019.
The Battle of the Border has been developed to provide an early-season track and field meet for high school athletes in British Columbia and Alberta. It has grown over the years to about 500 high school athletes attending from schools in British Columbia and southern Alberta.
This meet is an opportunity for high school athletes to try out up to 3 individual events and up to 2 relays for one low price. Athletes perform under the guidance of high-level officials who encourage athletes to learn what to expect at their own high school zone and provincial championship meets as well as how to participate in the various club meets in which they may be interested.
For some students, this will be their first opportunity to compete on an official 400m track and participate in official events. We encourage students who are interested in giving track and field a try to enter the meet. Even though it is a competition, athletes are encouraged to try their best and have fun in the competition.
Due to the large numbers of athletes who attend, we have decided this year to have some of the events on Friday evening, April 26. This will then allow us more time in some events to get in more than 3 throws or jumps.
Possible accommodation prices for the meet have been arranged.
- Rooms with 2 queen beds (up to 4 people in the room) $149.00 plus Tax
- Rooms with king bed and pull-out sofa (up to 4 people in the room) $149.00 plus Tax
- One Bedroom Suites based on availability – $159-$169
- Hot breakfast included. The hotel has a swimming pool.
- Each room has a microwave and a mini-fridge.
For booking, call 250-372-0987
Block name ‘Kamloops Track & Field April’
- Rooms with 2 queen beds (up to 4 people in the room) $129.00 plus Tax
- Rooms with 1 king bed and a pull-out sofa (up to 4 people in the room) $129.00 plus Tax
- Mini-suites with 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa and kitchenette (up to 6 people in the room) $139.00 plus Tax
- One Bedroom Suites based on availability $139-$149
- Continental breakfast included. Each room has a microwave and mini-fridge.